Duck Print gif


How Old?

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Week Six Update

Hooray for less poop! Donegan's feathers are coming in nicely, so he is poopin less. lol Getting to be quite the handsome fellow, though I do prefer the dark green plumage. Not an ounce of green shimmer on his head yet! Monday we're taking him to disneyland. No, not in the park, as much as I wish I could :D As I've said before, having a pet duck is a huge commitment and they just don't thrive like fish or dogs if you leave them for the weekend. This is no joke :) You want a companion... you got one! I'm waiting for him to grow a bit more before I start sewing more diapers. I adjusted the pattern a bit and added an adjustable strap down the back and I finally found my poly-cotton waterproof duck canvas. Yes, it's called duck canvas. Hooray for irony!
I'm doubling the size of his cage when we get home from Disneyland. Other than that, nothing new in regards to him.
As for me, though, I have a tattoo appointment set for March 16th. My son has Autism and I, myself, have Aspergers. We spend a lot of time beating the odds and stereotypes, and spreading awareness. So I really wanted an Autism awareness tattoo because it is such a big part of our lives (and we couldn't be happier, let me tell you). But I want a duck tattoo, too :( DING DING DING! Mesh them together! So I have this pic on my facebook profile, but I think the ducks are hideous.

So I drew my own. The colors will be in more detail and the words made to look like grass, but here it is. I'm putting it on the inside of my forearm. The man who is going to do my tattoo told me he has a granddaughter with Autism. It makes it that much better to have someone do it that has a true understanding.





And I leave you with more six week old pics of Donegan (click to enlarge)
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!