Duck Print gif


How Old?

Monday, January 23, 2012

Donegan Update: One Week Old

So far Donegan is proving to be one amazing little duck. I'm in awe at his friendly, confident nature. He is such a JOY to have in my life. I really cannot say enough. Welsh Harlequins are the way to go, at least from Metzer Farm's flock.
Today he met my 5 year old son for the first time. I expected Donegan to be shy, but soon as my son sat down, Donegan made a bee-line for my son's lap and immediately laid down for cuddle time. Not long after that they were playing together. Unbelievable. Cheyenne, as amazing as she was, was never this confident... and she also didn't "love" my hands as Donegan does. He loves to be picked up. I love him so much.

He's growing fast, as ducks do. Tonight I will move the heat lamp a bit farther from the cage.... little by little every night so that by the end of the week he is acclimated to the temperature in our home (which is warmer than usual to keep him comfy in the dead of winter).
(click pics to enlarge)

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!