Duck Print gif


How Old?

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Vitamin D

I was watching my babies preen after having given them a bath and a thought stopped me dead in my tracks: "What about vitamin D?!!" 
I know how important vitamin D is for humans. My mother has multiple sclerosis and is house-bound.  She never gets any sun and has to suppliment vitamin D on a daily basis.  It must be important for birds, too.  I can' the
I eve this thought had never crossed my mind. Then I thought about all the parrots I have come across that never step outside.  That can't be right.  It may not be news to you, but I just now came to find out that they make UV lights for indoor birds.  Do your indoor ducks a favor and put a rush order on an avian UV light.  There are many to choose from (and adjustable lamps to go with them), but this is the one I chose:
http://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-Aviansun-Compact-Fluorescent/dp/B000KH9S88/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1432052309&sr=8-1&keywords=Parrot+UV+light

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!