Duck Print gif


How Old?

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Growing Duckling Diaper Pattern (PDF)

Hi, all! Long time no post. I am currently without an indoor duck, but that will soon change, hopefully. Dongegan imprinted on Cheyenne, who unfortunately passed away. He was miserable without her so I sent him to a home to live with other ducks. I have had a lot of requests for the growing duckling diaper harness pattern. I was able to find the PDF, but I warn you that it is nothing special. I made it for personal reference. It has been a long time since I have made one. I know that I added two elastic bands to the corners of the pouch that wrapped around the duckling just behind the oil gland. I think I brought them together with a safety pin so that I could easily adjust it for growth. The inside layer of the pouch is best made using duck cloth/canvas (no pun intended). This can usually be found in rolls in a home textile isle. The texture on one side has an almost plastic feel. The other side is textured like a painting canvas. It can easily be washed and is nearly waterproof. Note on the pattern the direction that the stretchiest direction of the fleece should run. Should I ever create a more detailed or altered pattern, I will be sure to post it. I believe this should be printed at 100%. You can download the PDF file by clicking this link. Hope this helps and hope to be posting again soon :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm not used to following patterns, what does the dotted line mean?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not you, it's my bad pattern making skills. Lol The corner of the square diaper pouch lines up with the dotted line and you sew it on :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you!